Thursday, June 27, 2013

Module 3 Reflections

I never knew that the program Word could do such neat things such as adding comments to a paper that was typed up. I think that utilizing that particular feature in the classroom will be very helpful to teacher and students by allowing everything to be virtual; turn in the paper online and also receive feedback online. That only makes perfect sense to me.
Also, developing a webquest was a shock for me. This activity was not anything that I had ever heard of but after learning a bit more about their purpose, using webquests are a great way to get the students actively engaged in their own learning. I think they are fun as well--I think I would have liked to complete a webquest while in school.
Spreadsheets and Power Points are also a really neat feature of the Microsoft family. I think that it is important to have some sort of spreadsheet available to help quickly input grades or students names to stay organized. Power Points of course just take away some of the 'boredom' factor of standing in front of the class lecturing the whole time by offering additional visuals for students to see. Having a slide show can bring more life to a lesson and also maybe more interaction among teacher and student.

No comments:

Post a Comment